Well, just when I think I am feeling better and things are good....another baby trial comes. I went in for my ultrasound last Tuesday and found out that I have placenta previa. That is when your placenta has grown over your cervex.
My placenta is lying so low that the doctor said if I were to lift something too heavy or turn wrong, I could tear it and start bleeding and have to deliver right then by c-section, no matter how far along I was. That is the big concern right now.
So, I am now on bedrest and have to stay down as much as possible. For someone that never sits down, this is killing me. I go back in at 28 weeks (on Feb 24) to see if it has moved or not. If not, I am on bedrest until I deliver and have to have a c-section. If so, then it's back to normal.I am so nervous because the doctor said at 24 weeks they can usually sustain the baby's life, but they try to get you to 32 weeks in order to eliminate most long-term complications. I am at 22 1/2 weeks right now so it's a very crucial time for our little guy.
We decided with this being so crucial to this baby's life that we would go to the extreme and take every precaution possible since it's been 2 years for us to finally get to this point of having another baby. What a rocky road we have been on........
So, Mallory just started going to daycare at Tim's school everyday and it killed me. I cried for 2 hours the first day she went. I just feel so bad she is having to go through so many changes too. She LOVES it though and tells Tim to "go back to your class" every time he comes to check on her. That makes me feel much better about it since she loves being there.
I tried to stay down and take care of her for a week and that was too hard, so we decided that would be best just for this temporary time period.
I am getting pretty bored laying in bed all day, so feel free to call or come see me if you are in the area!! =-)
I will keep you posted with what happens next, hopefully it will only be positive news from here.




25 comments:
Ah bed rest. I remember it all to well. Thankfully I didn't have a child out of the womb at that point but it was still hard. I couldn't do laundry or clean or even get things ready for my baby to come. I wish I would've had a nintendo DS back then. I since have gotten one but it would've been used so much. I also recommend a mini-laptop or laptop if you have one. Reading and watching movies can get old really fast when you're on bed rest. Anyhow-we'll pray for your boy. It's wonderful that you are in the US and they have the technology to catch/find problems and the technology to try and remedy them. I met a lady in the Philippines who went through the same stuff I did but because of their lack of technology she doesn't have her baby.
Awe Man!! This doesn't sound fun at all! I hope you can bear being down and that things change soon. I'm glad to hear that Mallory is liking school with Tim--what a blessing to have access to something great like that! We'll keep you and the baby in our prayers!
I'm expecting a post everyday about all the random things that are going on. That should keep you busy for at least an hour everyday. Hang in there. If you need anything give me a call.
Ashley, I am so sorry you have to go through this. I know how hard it is to be on bedrest and let others take care of your family. You are right though, you can never be too careful. Things can change so quickly, so please be careful!
I'm sure Mallory will do great at the daycare, and she will probably be sad when she can't go anymore. Ha Ha
Know we are thinking of you, and we will keep your family in our prayers.
Take care!
oh man! we will be praying for you. i know you can get through this and it will be all worth it!
I am so sorry! My sister had the same thing, and it did go away, so here's hoping right? She is having her baby next week. 2nd pregnancy's are hard! This one (I am 29 weeks tomorrow) has been sooo much harder then my first. I am pretty much house/couch bound, but not bed bound and it does get boring! My poor husband has become Mr. Mom and it is really hard. Hang in there we are almost done!If you ever want to talk, I am home too!
Tim and Ashley, just want to let you know that you are in my prayers!
Take care Ashley. Mallory is having fun at day care, she has told me all about it. Please let me know if you need anything. You are in our prayers.
Ashley-
I am so sorry to her about your baby and having placenta privia. My sister had this, but the placenta moved. You are in my thoughts and prayers!! Let me know if you need anything fun to do. I will mail you so stuff!
By the way- Bed rest is not fun! I did it for four weeks with the twins and I was so bored! I passed the time with TV, books, mind games, the computer, and friends or a babysitter for Sage coming over everyday to talk or take care of Sage. It is a good thing Mallory has a place to go and have fun. Sage was bored and passed around a lot. GOOD LUCK!!
Do you need any good books or movies. I have a few shows on DVD if you are interested. I had to have a c-section with Ethan and it was scary because it was rushed, but everything turned out fine and I think I may do it agin this time around!
hey ashley so sorry to hear that... the things we go through for our children, but they are so worth it... take care of yourself.. catch up on some shows on dvd...
If you need anything, we are only a call away! I would love to help with anything! You will be in our prayers.
Hi Ash.... I feel for you. It makes me sad to have you going through such a hard time. If I were closer I would definitely come and visit. You will be in our thoughts and prayers. Hopefully you like to read?
Love Love,, Jen
Oh man, you guys really have been through the ringer this time around. I am so sorry. We will keep you guys in our prayers and next time I am around your house I will stop in. If you want I will make a bed in a wheel barrow and take you for a walk,he he, There is a walk down memory lane ha ha. (hopefully you know what I am talking about)
Oh Ashley, I had no idea you were going thru this--- I will keep you in our prayers--- you know it is so worth it!!!! Puzzles, Books, TV, & Food will all become your best friends ;) Keep posting-- will be checking on you!!! xoxoxo
Oh, Ash! Girl, it's been such a long haul for you, I'm sorry! But you know you're right to be better safe than sorry so you'd better stay put!!!! I'll bring you some books or movies or puzzles... what would you like??
You know I'm here for you girl! I'm pretty good at carrying on LONG conversations that could last hours...(just ask Jody!) :)...so anytime you need to chat - I'm here. You are continuously in our prayers.
Oh man...sorry to hear this!! My friend had the same thing and everything tuned out just fine with her and her baby boy! I know it will be the same with yall!!! Hang in there! Wish we could come visit! :) We will keep you in our prayers and keep a close eye on the good ol' blog! (yeah that is jake as santa!) whoa I need to update my blog!
ashley
oh my gosh hang in there...thats a total bummer and scary...but it seems like your handling it the best way...im so excited for you to have your second child..mal is adorable...keep us updated on ur condition...lots of love
zana
Oh Ashley, I am so sorry. I was on bed rest for a month with my third baby (preclampsia). It was so hard and scary. I don't think I ever prayed harder! Thank goodness for that!
I spent lots of time reading books and coloring with my other 2 kids. You have the right attitude...it's all for your baby's LIFE! Hang in there. Good luck. I'll pray for you.
Ashley I tagged you on my blog! Hope you are doing good! I feel bad for you being on bed rest. I hope it works out for the best and your placenta moves. My friend went through this and hers did move! Good Luck!
Ash when Brit told me my heart went out to you and we've been praying for you guys. I'm sorry it was hard to have Mallory go to daycare but at least you were able to have that option. I'm glad she's doing well there. Please let me know what I can do for you. McKenna and I would love to come and visit you, also we have tons of movies so let me know if you want to borrow them. Also I've had a C-section if you don't remember and if you want to talk I'm open. Love ya tons!
Wow, bed rest, that stinks! That would be way hard to stay in bed. I hope that the placenta moves so that you can get up and be somewhat normal. Congrats on the pregnancy and that it is a boy, we're hoping for a boy too! Email me and I'll invite you to my blog srhanthony@yahoo.com.
Post a Comment